Tuesday 8 November 2011

Magazine Advert Improvements

The key issue with my original Magazine Advert was the fonts and the size of the text. The first issue that I attempted to fix was the font. I found a font called London on DaFont and one of its variants (LondonTwo) looked to suit my needs perfectly.


After fixing the title I began to address the next issue of everything appearing too large and making the advert seem cluttered. To achieve this I shrunk all of the text, switched the title around so Modern Winter was above Opportunity like in my original plan. I also slightly repositioned the tagline text and the Digipack cover so as to create more space.

Title font was changed from LondonTwo to Kenyan Coffee, basically, the fonts already on the advert switched places.

The text was enlarged so as to be more prominent on the page as it looked a little small to me.

This is how the advert looked after the title was fixed. The different widths of the two parts of the title is due to the need to make it more obvious that Modern Winter is the name of the band name and Opportunity is the name of the album.

Tagline text font is changed from Kenyan Coffee to LondonTwo as LondonTwo appeared to work better for simpler purposes.

This is how the advert looked after all of the fonts were changed.

I noticed that part of "Modern Winter" was difficult to read so I used the Healing Brush to darken the clouds around that area.

This is the advert after the Healing Brush was used.

The final improvement was to change the positioning of the titles and replace the Digipack cover with the up to date image. The title was moved to its current position so as to make it obvious that the two were separate entities but also to create more space and more synergy with the Digipack. 


No comments:

Post a Comment